While heart disease kills more Americans every year than accidents, strokes, and diabetes combined, a vegan diet has repeatedly been proven to dramatically decrease your risk of developing the condition. And in some cases, a plant-based diet has even been shown to reverse heart disease. In this episode, you will learn how a vegan diet can help you achieve optimum heart health and how small changes to your diet can make a major positive impact. Join “The Weight Loss Champion” Chuck Carroll as he welcomes Kimatni D. Rawlins, Founder of www.FitFathers.com.
Listen to the Podcast: http://www.pcrm.org/podcast/vegan-valentine
Inspiration: Kimatni Rawlins is a plant-powered world traveler but for him, health truly starts at home. As the father of two daughters, the former college football player is working to help end the nation’s exploding obesity epidemic among children. He is the founder of Fit Fathers, an organization that educates parents about the positive impacts of a plant-based diet and active lifestyle. He also travels the world learning about plant-based diets in various cultures and giving talks on improving our children’s health. Follow Kimatni on IG at @FitFathers and @VeganCyborg
- How fiber can help lower cholesterol levels
- The link between processed meat, cholesterol, fat and heart disease
- The heart-healthy “red foods” you should be eating
- How a plant-based diet can help lower the risk of developing and even reverse heart disease
- How eating fruit can help prevent heart disease
- The role of leafy greens in preventing heart disease among adolescents
- Seven Ways to Keep Your Heart Pumping Perfectly:
- Quit smoking
- Exercise daily
- Load up on fruit
- Limit stress
- Make fiber your friend
- Beans are truly good for the heart
- Fill up on plants
Vegan Chocolate Cake for Chocolate Lovers: Chuck welcomed his wife on the show to sample a delicious plant-based Adonis Chocolate Cake prepared by Aly! This beauty is a chocolate lover’s paradise. The recipe can be found on the Engine 2 Diet website and is definitely worth your while.
Check out more of Aly’s fun dishes on Instagram @thelittlegreenpea.