Take the “Fit Fathers Day” Pledge
It’s essential on “Fit Fathers Day” and each subsequent day that dads and male role models spearhead this call to action by engaging in physical fitness and employing healthy food habits with their families.
Health risks increase as we age, and with added stress, various chronic illnesses such as prostate cancer begin to dominate the narrative. So, please be aware that exercising daily and healthy eating saves generations.
Become a Fit Father by following these simple steps to lead your family towards a future that focuses on overall wellness.
I pledge to:
- Visit my doctor for routine checkups and screenings
- Exercise 4 to 6 days a week for 30-60 minutes minimum, and include my children in most fitness activities
- Eat 5 to 7 pieces of fruit and veggies daily
- Drink 6 to 8 glasses of water daily
- Eliminate fast foods, sodas, fried foods, etc.
- Avoid carcinogens such as smoking, heavy alcohol, and drugs
- Replace enriched white foods with whole grains like quinoa and brown rice
- Spend quality time with my children as often as possible
- Go meatless a few times a week
- Stimulate my thoughts with mindful reading
Stay active, eat clean, and energize your life people!